Reach and engage your supporters through online advertising with Google Ad Grants.
One of the biggest missed opportunities for nonprofits is Google for Nonprofits, which includes a free membership and access to a variety of products including Google Ad Grants, which is a $10,000 monthly grant to advertise on Google.com. Google Grants has the potential of driving 10,000 to 40,000 new website visitors to your website each month.
There are 6 billion searches a day on Google. Yes, we said billion!
Its important to know that many organisations shell out a lot of money to advertise through Google, to the tune of $108 million in revenue for Google every day, with Google for Nonprofits you will be able to tap into this advertising behemoth at no cost and spread your cause among the 1.1 billion monthly users who perform 6 billion searches a day on Google.
About Google Ad Grants
What are the benefits for your nonprofit organisation in using Google Ad Grants?
1. Website traffic
By advertising on Google, you'll get more visits to your website. That means more people who will learn about your organisation and potentially become volunteers or donors.
2. Brand awareness
By advertising on Google, more people will see the name of your nonprofit, get a quick glimpse of what you do and (hopefully) want to learn more about your organisation. A pretty basic rule of thumb in marketing: the more people who know about you, the better.
3. Online donations
By advertising on Google, the goal is not only to increase the number of people who will learn about your organisation and the work you do but also compel them to take action. The beauty of the Web is that action (in this case, making a donation) is just a click away.
"Over 17,000 nonprofit organisations are already signed up this program. It’s a no brainer for you to join too."
Is your nonprofit eligible for Google Ad Grants?
- Based in England, or Wales
- Registered as a charitable organisation with the Charity Commission for England & Wales
- Not be one of the following: Governmental entity or organisation, Hospital or health care organisation, School, child care center, academic institution, or university
Google Ad Grants Program Details
- A daily budget set to $329 USD, which is equivalent to about $10,000 per month
- A maximum cost-per-click (CPC) limit of $2.00 USD
- Only run keyword-targeted campaigns
- Only appear on Google.com (not Search Network partners)
- Only run text ads
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants program:
- Your ads must ONLY link to the ONE nonprofit website URL that was approved in the application.
- You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly. Should you not log in to your account for 30 days, your account will be subject to pausing without notification.
- Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved nonprofit organization and your keywords must be relevant to the nonprofit’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this program. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your program.
- Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
- Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
- Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program.
Other Google for Nonprofits benefits
In addition to Google Ad Grants, Google for Nonprofits includes:
Your first step is to become registered with Google for Nonprofits. Once you've been accepted into the program, you can apply for the Google Ad Grants, if you're stuck we can help you set this up.
If you want to start using Google Ad Grants to raise you online awerness, then please contact us on 020 3021 4854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Good luck and enjoy your free Google ads!